Synopsis of hydro progress across Wales
1. The 15kw Gorsen hydro is ready to go. TGV over in a couple of weeks and three months later we should be the proud owner of a new micro hydro at our farm. Helicopter was up a couple of weeks ago delivering the 5t of material up the mountain
2. Craflwyn 100kw hydro is now within days of going for full planning permission. Abstraction and budget in place its now a mater of detailing the site before submitting the application. Start work hopefully in July
3. Llagi 100kw hydro should have its full abstraction in the next couple of weeks. We have a lot of detailing work and mitigation to work out on this site before submitting the planning application
4. The early results of 4 hydro’s in the Brecon Beacons (<50kw each) have just come back and its looking promising but as ever subject to a lorry load of if’s and buts. From grid to ecology. Archaeology to build ability.
5. The Anafon 500kw community hydro is now moving at pace in terms of surveys. Fungi to lichens, archaeology to topography. lets see what we are dealing with?
6. The Bethesda community hydro is also ready to go out to tender on the feasibility
7. TGV have just started scoping a 15kw hydro to power Llyndu farm just over the road from Hafod y llan
8. we must never forget the 640kw at Hafod y Llan and this is well on schedule and budget (by the end of the year or sooner – jet stream dependent). The recent dry period is working in our favour. oh and another pecker has broken!
9. Paul has started work on detailing the 20 year overhaul of the 218kw Aberdulais hydro. Work to start this summer. efficiency gain and control-ability should be significant
there is another 7MW being worked on but too early to list here!